Tuesday, November 24, 2009

...the countdown begins!



My permit!
That'll soon be a license! :-)









"What is this countdown for?" you may ask.
I reply, "To get my DRIVER'S LICENSE!!! WOO HOO!"
Then you respond in one of many ways, "Ummm...okay. Who cares." or "Shouldn't you already have that? Geez, you're 20!" or "Wow. That's so sad." etc..
And then I say, "You hater." Lol! JK!

As you can see since I've made a post about this, I am really excited to get my driver's license. I've been wanting this for a while. For me, it symbolizes freedom, independence, responsibility, and I guess maturity. It's my one step closer to getting my own car.

Yes, I should already have it; however, you know, it just never happened - and definitely not by my choice did it come relatively late. I've been wanting my permit since I turned 15 and began begging my mother to take me to the DMV to get it. Then, I turn 16, and was still asking to go get it; 17 rolls around...finally I turn 18, yet only get my permit! Not even my license!

Knowing that I'll be home for Christmas and wanting to get a "cheaper" GA license than a "more expensive" NY license, I called the DMV yesterday and scheduled my appointment. Now all that left's is practicing. I know many of the basics, however, there's a lot others I need to work on [parallel parking, backing up, etc.]Practicing with my mother sometimes isn't fun [picture yelling when making a left turn in the wrong lane...lol], but I guess it's worth it if I really want my license. Perseverance equals success.

WISH ME LUCK!! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment